Friday, April 24, 2015

The Art of Putting… Wait, Pumping


When I started this journey I tried to think about all of the challenges that I would have to go through. Pumping, however, took a lot more time and energy than expected.

I have always been a big believer in breastfeeding my children. I breastfed Stella for a year and I want to do the same with Luiza. I feel that it is not only incredibly healthy, but for me it has also been an amazing way to bond with my kids.  

When I decided to go back to playing I knew I would have to master the art of pumping. During the past four months here are the places that have become common for me to pump at:
  • Golf course clubhouse
  • Driving from and to golf course
  • Airplane
  • Airport
  • Public Bathroom
  • Tournament locker room

I pump before and after every round. I get a lot of looks from the girls and they don't quite know what to make of it. Some start talking to me and they don't know whether to look at me, my boobs, or the pump! It is quite funny. But I am getting used to it and I have gotten a lot of compliments for making the effort to keep breastfeeding.

Well, you get the picture… no place is safe from my pump and me. And here is what I have learned:
  • Always keep a breastfeeding cover with your pump.
  • Invest in a great hands free bra.
  • When pumping on a plane ask the person next to you if they mind if you pump.  I have yet to have anyone say they would mind and it totally breaks the ice!
  • You are giving your child a wonderful gift.
  • Be proud of pumping.… I AM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment