Friday, April 10, 2015

Working On My Swing

For the first few months after returning to professional golf, I was focused on getting back in physical shape. After having two C-sections, my body has changed and it has taken a lot of work to get into the physical shape I’m in today. While it is better, there is still a long way to go!

I will be writing a post later on about workouts and how I have managed to get back in shape, but today I want to focus on my swing, because that is where I am at right now as I get ready for another tournament next week. 

At the beginning of the week I was in West Palm Beach working with my golf teacher, John Webster. I have worked with John for a very long time and he is not only my golf teacher, he is truly part of my family. We have had our ups and downs and, as he would describe it, had a divorce a couple of years back. We are now back together again and I am so excited.  

Below is a video of my last lesson. Throughout my career, I have always had a tendency to have a little too much weight on the right side of my body during my swing. This creates inconsistency when hitting the ball, causing it to go right and left. I am a big believer in limiting your missed shots to one side of the golf course, right or left.  I have played my best golf doing that and it just works for me. 



Having that in mind, John and I have continuously worked on keeping my head and body more on top of the golf ball through impact. I feel like I have made so much progress in the last few weeks. My main thought through this lesson was to put a little more weight on my left leg as I take the club back.  This helps maintain my body and head on top of the ball when I hit it.  Check it out!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good. Nan and I are pulling for you. We hope you make it to Albany. Keep it up, good luck.

    ReplyDelete