Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Walmart NW Arkansas


This week, I have been extremely lucky to receive another sponsor’s exemption into the Walmart NW Arkansas. It is an incredible event with an extremely strong field, with 17 out of the top 20 players in the world playing this week. I feel so lucky to be here. I would like to thank Walmart and Octagon for giving me this opportunity; I'm really excited to play!

NW Arkansas has really embraced the LPGA and they put on an incredible event for us. It is a first class tournament all around. The course is in great shape. Greens are fast and the fairways are perfect. It is a great test of golf skill and I think it will take a good ball-striking week in order to play well. 




The tournament also contributes to various charitable causes in the area. One of them is the First Tee of NW Arkansas. As a national organization with local chapters, the First Tee’s main goal is to help kids develop core values such as confidence, respect, courtesy, responsibility, sportsmanship, judgment, honesty, integrity and perseverance through the game of golf. It is such a great program and I was fortunate to play with one of the First Tee students, Kelly, on Monday.  I was so impressed by her - she was incredibly polite, well-spoken and had a real passion for golf. It is obvious that the First Tee has had a very positive impact on her life and it is so nice to see how the game of golf can influence a young person’s life in such a positive way. If you would like to read more about the First Tee of NW Arkansas visit: www.thefirstteenwar.org/club/scripts/public/public.asp.



I can’t wait to tee it up on Friday and have a great week. I’ve been working hard and feel like my game has come a long way. I made my first cut last week shooting even par for the first two days. I feel like I left a lot of birdies out there so I hope to be able to capitalize on them this week.  Please follow me on www.lpga.com for scoring updates and I’ll be sure to share some anecdotes from the tournament here on the blog next week!  

Thanks for all your encouragement and support! It means the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment