Friday, June 26, 2015

Pantene Beautiful Lengths Event

 As I get amped up to tee off at the NW Arkansas Championship, I had the unique opportunity to join in a very heartwarming cause on Wednesday night when Procter & Gamble hosted the annual Pantene Beautiful Lengths event held at the Walmart Arkansas Music Pavilion. This event collects ponytails from donors to make real-hair wigs for cancer patients, and on Wednesday alone they received more than 300 of them! People of all ages lined up to donate their hair -  families even did this together, supporting each other as each of them took their turn cutting off their pony tails to give to those who aren’t able to grow them.

I absolutely loved this event and the sense of community there, and the feeling of making a direct impact into someone's life was so incredible.  I certainly didn’t arrive in Arkansas planning to cut my hair, but after being inspired by so many of the people working at and taking part in the event, I knew I needed to join the cause. On top of this amazing experience, I also had the pleasant surprise of meeting U.S. Ski Team alpine racer and Olympic Gold (and bronze) Medalist Lindsey Vonn, who was extremely nice and so fun to meet. I love seeing other athletes support causes that are important to them, and get to know their fans and fellow supporters at events like this. I wish her so much luck in her career, and congratulate her on her two ESPY award nominations! I also loved the connection between this event and the tournament -  Beatriz Recari, an LPGA tour player, even cut off my pony tail!

I extend my biggest thank you to Pantene, Procter & Gamble, and the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship for the opportunity to take part in this rewarding event - this is definitely a cause I will hold close to my heart.


I can’t wait to see what else this tournament brings - thanks for all of your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment