Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My First LPGA Event!

First and foremost, I want to apologize for taking a hiatus from any sort of social media, including my blog, for almost two weeks. Life has been crazier than usual since we decided to move to a new house.  We are moving this week and getting all of our ducks in a row has been a challenge, BUT WE ARE MANAGING!


My most recent post was a preview of my first LPGA event at the ShopRite LPGA Classic.  First off, I need to thank Tim Erensen, tournament director, and Karen Gozzi, from ShopRite, for giving me a sponsor exemption.  THANK YOU for the amazing opportunity to play on the LPGA again.

I did not know how I was going to feel about going back to an LPGA Tour event. It had been a LONG time and many questions popped into my head.  Will I be so nervous that I won’t be able to stick the tee into the ground? How will my family life fit into a tour event?  Am I too old for this comeback?  I was very anxious about going into the week.  Well… I have to say that being back on the “big” tour was the most comfortable I have felt throughout this process. In a weird way I felt right at home.  I knew where everything was, what I was supposed to do, and whom to talk to if I needed a little help.  It was incredible!

Highlights of my week:

-Hanging out with Paul, our club Guru on Tour.  Paul always welcomes me with open arms and he was definitely Stella’s favorite. She loved going into the club repair van for her daily “candy” fix!!!

-Dinner and practice round with my dear friend Karrie Webb.  Most of my friends from the LPGA have retired. However Webby is still kicking major butt out there. So great to catch up and play with her. I just love watching her play and laugh about life.  Just love her.  

- Myrtle the Turtle.  I found a baby turtle on the course during the pro-am and we took it back to the house to show it to Stella. She was excited until I put it in her hand. That was it for her.  We released Myrtle back into the woods. We will never forget Myrtle the Turtle

-I missed the cut but I felt like I played very good golf.  The best golf I have played since I have been back. I need a lot more work but I know I can play and that my game is not too far off.

-The best part of all was having my family with me and realizing that my kids and hubby fit right into my life on tour.

Can’t wait for the next two weeks of tournaments!!! So much more to come!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's really awesome, Candy! Not a lot of people can say that they've had an LPGA event. What a way to truly celebrate and live out your appreciation for golf, with your mentors and your fellow aficionados. Cheers!

    Leonard Ellis @ TEED OFF

    ReplyDelete