Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Quality Time with My Daughter


As a working mom I am always looking for ways to spend time with my kids, especially Stella. She has been feeling the effects of me going back to work the most. There have been a lot of changes in Stella's life in the last 8 months. In September she welcomed home a new sister. Mommy went back to work shortly thereafter and we have been traveling non-stop ever since. Her life does not have the consistent rhythm it once had of going to pre-school, napping and going to the playground in the afternoon with mommy. But she has been a trooper throughout all of these changes.


So, when we arrived in Charlotte last week ahead of the Symetra Classic, I wanted to play nine holes to see the course. Stella was upset I was going to play golf again so I decided to take her with me. On the Symetra Tour we play our practice rounds in a golf cart so I thought it might be fun. IT WAS AMAZING!!!!  I borrowed a set of kids clubs from the pro shop and put them in the back of the cart. She loved every minute of it (still kicking myself that my phone died and I did not take any pictures). She felt so special and had a big smile on her face. She ran so much that after five holes she was passed out on the cart.


The experience was such an incredible step for her, and for me. It shows me that I can carve out time with my kids even when I am playing golf. I loved sharing my passion with her and having her by my side on the course. It was such a special afternoon and I can't wait to have many more late afternoon sessions with my kids. It has been, by far, my favorite memory of this process and I can't wait to have many more!!!  

This week is also another big week on the course. I am playing my first LPGA event at the ShopRite LPGA Classic. Can't wait to share the experience with you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment