Friday, May 15, 2015

Avocado Toast, My New Obsession

Photo courtesy of seedsnsmiles.com
Avocado has become my best friend in the last few months.  Adam and I started incorporating it into a variety of dishes, especially at breakfast.  It has many health benefits including healthy, natural fats and antioxidants and I have fallen in love with it.  One of our favorite recipes is avocado toast in the morning!!!

I love having a piece of toast in the morning.  I used to put a little butter on it or add olive oil, but when Stella and Luiza were born I had to give up dairy because they both had trouble digesting the protein in dairy products.  So when I saw this recipe for avocado toast I decided to give it a try and I totally fell in love with it!!!

Here is how I make my avocado toast:

1/2 an avocado
1 piece of toast
Pinch of salt
1/8 of a lemon juiced
Olive oil
Pinch of red pepper flakes

I toast my bread and drizzle olive oil on top of it. Then, I take half the avocado and mash it in a small bowl.  I squeeze the lemon into the avocado and mash it a little more, adding the salt.  Then, spread the mashed avocado onto your toast and sprinkle with some red pepper flakes. If you don’t like spicy food you can leave the red pepper flakes out.

It is so delicious and this has become one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast with my eggs or if I am hungry mid afternoon.  There are also a lot of other ways you can make avocado toast.  Would love to hear how you make yours!!!

1 comment: