Friday, July 17, 2015

Avocado Obsession Continues: Avocado Basil Pasta

Avocado Obsession Continues: Avocado Basil Pasta

Yes, here I go with my avocado obsession again! I wanted to share another go-to recipe that is healthy and super easy to make and this one just kept coming back to my mind.  Stella loves pasta and so does Adam.  I was looking for a summer pasta recipe when I came across this one at my friend Barbara’s barbecue. It is easy to make and so incredibly delicious!
Photo courtesy of Dairy Made Easy

You will need:
8 ounces bow-tie pasta or quinoa penne pasta
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 medium avocados, diced  2 tbsp olive oil
2/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves, chopped      
2 garlic cloves, crushed                            
¼ Tbsp kosher salt & pinch coarse black pepper
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Bring water to a boil and cook pasta as directed on the package
2. In a large bowl, combine avocado, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic s&p.
3. Add hot pasta to bowl, stir to combine;
4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve right away or at room temperature


I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment